I like the French title! As a Drake neophyte, I think Cello Song presupposes a knowledge of his discography, where Forget this Cruel World is a broader idea open to anyone. It feels like a good inroad (derived from the lyric).
I was surprised to see Fanta going with Cello Song. But maybe something about the connotations of the other title felt overstated or ‘off’?
The French title is because of a rights issue. It works, but I prefer Cello Song. The book opens with the first line from the song lyric and ends with the last line.
What is this?! Is one of my favorite comic artists writing about one of my favorite musicians?!
RépondreSupprimerThanks! Yes, a Nick Drake biography / graphic novel.
SupprimerI like the French title! As a Drake neophyte, I think Cello Song presupposes a knowledge of his discography, where Forget this Cruel World is a broader idea open to anyone. It feels like a good inroad (derived from the lyric).
RépondreSupprimerI was surprised to see Fanta going with Cello Song. But maybe something about the connotations of the other title felt overstated or ‘off’?
https://www.fantagraphics.com/products/cello-song-the-story-of-nick-drake
The French title is because of a rights issue. It works, but I prefer Cello Song. The book opens with the first line from the song lyric and ends with the last line.
Supprimer